Operation Sugar Detox: Day 3


Bite This: I am well aware that the following post is inconsequential in light of the appalling event that occurred at the Boston marathon on Monday. I can only hope that tragedies such as this most recent one do not stop us from participating in the things we love. After all, what is life when you live in fear?

Now for the insignificant post -
Me -3, Sugar Candy- 0
Looking back on this mission impossible, I should probably call it Operation Candy Detox. I guess I cannot be expected to give up all sugar. Who has time for that? I have to admit that I am trying to do it anyway.
So days 2 and 3 without candy went relatively smoothly. I have been busy enough at work that the thought of eating candy has not really crossed my mind more than 10 times. Even that damn butterscotch jar that I pass multiple times per day has not lured me in yet. I even went to Walgreen's yesterday to pick up a few things, and as requested per my husband, I bought him some Sour Straws. I do not think I have ever gone to Walgreen's without purchasing some kind of sweet treat for myself...until yesterday. Victory is mine.
Okay, okay, I am holding out on one slight detail. My husband has never made pudding in all of his life but yesterday was the day he chose to do so. (I guess he never realized how simple it is to make pudding until yesterday, illustrated by this quote, "Oh, all you do is add milk and stir?") Chocolate Fudge pudding - not even the fat-free, sugar-free crap I usually buy. So, I maybe had a teeny tiny heaping spoonful. Let's not forget the big picture here - I did not eat candy! (I must have been craving chocolate though, because, c'mon...pudding? Really?)

How do you deal with sugar cravings?

I promise that when this 5 day detox is up I'll post something that relates to nutrition and the purpose of this blog. Do you remember what that purpose is? Need a refresher? In the meantime, here are more wedding candy pictures for your enjoyment.
My fellow dietitian friend and our gummy worms.






Chocolate/Coffee bar - Photog Stacey Schmitz

Comments

Popular Posts