The Health Quest

Bite This: According to Healthwellnessconnection.com, 8 out of 10 women are not happy with what they see in the mirror. Eighty percent of children are afraid of becoming fat and more than 50% of 10-year old girls wish they were thinner. Americans spend more than 40 billion dollars per year on diet and beauty products.

Can you believe that I am already writing again? I did not even give you a chance to miss me this time. I have been reading other blogs and they have inspired me to get a little personal. So here goes...sit back and enjoy the ride.
I think dietitians are quirky. Most have a type A personality and obsess about everything. Usually there is a back story of why she/he became a dietitian and it typically involves a complex with her/his body. Here is mine as I was telling my husband this evening:

***I just wrote an entire post and then deleted it because it was stupid and apparently I cannot get personal. Which is weird considering most of my followers know everything about me and my little quirks. Long story short is that I had a complex with my body until I found running. Running gave me confidence and made me feel fit and happy. And I felt like I found my niche - nutrition and fitness.
Flash forward to years later - and BAM! Dietitian. My back story = awesome and short.

My point is that whatever brought you to where you are...here you are. It doesn't matter. Live it, love it, and embrace it. And that's all I have to say about that. Maybe next time I'll get more personal, maybe I won't. Maybe next time I'll make up for the lack of nutrition advice in this post, maybe I won't. I am such a rebel.

Sound bite: Do one thing this week that makes you happy. Dance, run, play.

Comments

  1. well geez I was roped in.. you should have published the personal part

    meant to ask you, do you listen to The Splendid Table? I bet you'ld like it

    http://www.splendidtable.org/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my ploy - intrigue you and then leave you hanging... I did say that I am a rebel. I did not even wear a helmet skiing.
      I had not listened to The Splendid Table before your post, but it seemed interesting so i gave it a shot. The first one I listened to was "Beer Profiles." :) Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  2. Every entry I learn something new! Body image has been a life long battle for many of us. This is great advice. Thanks...keep the Bites coming.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts