Hungry, hungry hippos

Bite This: Well I could make up something about Americans and their snacking but I won't. Because I don't have to. We all know what's happening. (I swear I don't make up every "bite this".)

I eat about 20 million times per day. GMOE eats about 3 times per day. GMOE is probably just the right amount weight for his height and to most people he is "thin." Granted he eats high fat, crap meals sometimes but it's 3 meals per day. I, on the other hand, eat breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, snack 2, dinner, snack again, and maybe a snack after my 8:00 pm snack. I eat. All the time.
So recently, in Women's Health magazine it was reported that people who eat two large meals per day may lose more weight than people who eat more frequently. This is totally bogus. I hate media. It just sensationalizes everything. First of all the study was conducted with diabetics so I do not feel like this can be extrapolated to the general population. Secondly, many more studies have also reported that eating more frequently leads to weight loss. So which is it?
I say, eat when you're hungry. If you eat larger meals that are higher in calories, chances are you will feel fuller longer and will only want one other meal. If you eat smaller meals, then yes, you'll be hungry two hours later and want another meal. Smaller meals usually equal less calories as well. So my 10 "meals" per day are probably still less amount of calories than GMOE's 3 meals. However, if you think,   "hey it's 10:00 am...time for my snack!" then you're really probably not hungry - it's more mental. And if you follow that mentality, you're likely to ingest more calories.
So what I am saying is this - BURN MORE CALORIES THAN YOU INGEST OR INGEST LESS CALORIES THAN YOU BURN. Science? No...but they pay me to say it. Over and over.
The end.
Back to the 80's Dance Party that is happening at my house right now with GMOE and my dog. And according to GMOE, George Michael ruled the 80's.

How many times do you eat in a day?

Sound Bite: Maybe this week calculate how many calories you eat per two meals vs 5 in one day. Do it. And then come over for an 80's dance party.

Comments

  1. One hearty meal a day is all I need.

    If I ate three meals per day like (2nd)GMOE, I'd be huge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts