Working it Out

Bite This: Did you know that Shaun T. was a former dancer for Mariah Carey?

Another early birthday present from my dear husband besides my Fitbit was Shaun T.'s T25 workout DVDs. You know how much I love a good Shaun T. workout. Insanity was great and all, but I got so bored of the warm-ups and workouts after a few weeks and by the second half of the set, the workouts were a good 45-50 minutes. But this? This is only 25 minutes. All he asks is that you give it your all and focus. I think I can focus on one thing for 25 minutes. (Maybe with some Adderall.)
I have been doing the workouts now for about two weeks - interspersed with running here and there. And guess what? They work! Just like his Insanity workouts, you can feel more definition after only two weeks of doing the workouts. And they're only 25 minutes! I love it and highly recommend it. Especially for all of you haters of wasting time.
So, you may be asking why I am doing T25 instead of running when I have potential two half- marathons coming up. Or you may not have even realized it or cared. But the answer is that I am injured yet again...I swear this started happening EXACTLY on my 30th birthday. Every run I attempt, I injure myself. This time it is my knee - likely IT band syndrome - but the farthest I have been able to run in the past two months is approximately 5 miles. After that, my knee pain kicks in and knocks me down.  However, that's better than 2 months ago when I could only run 2 miles. I have lost all my endurance...therefore, no more half marathons for me until I can run again without pain! So, I have resorted to a lot of DVDs and this new set included. I swear that it is worth the money....especially for only 25 minutes per day! And no, Shaun T. did not pay me to endorse his product, although if he did, I would still promote this product with the same tenacity as I do now.

So I ask, what exercise DVD do you swear by? Have you tried T25? How about Insanity? 

Sound Bite: Try a new workout this week! Or just try working out this week. 

Comments

Popular Posts