How is it already 2015?

Aren't we supposed to be riding around in hovercrafts by now?

Happy New Year!
Even though 2014 was a glass case of emotion(s), it definitely had a few highlights, and I still had a blast. I feel very fortunate for many things in my life, and appreciate the memories that I have created. Highlights of 2014 included a trip to Coeur d’ Alene, Idaho with my husband, a weekend getaway to Beaver Lake, Arkansas with my family, a girls’ weekend in Denver, Colorado with my best buds, game 7 of the World Series, a fabulous father/daughter ski trip in Breckenridge, Colorado, and the many wonderful weekends at home with my husband.  Overall, 2014 was one for the books! 

My resolutions from last year went down the pot, but at least my resolutions are not contractual obligations!

This year my resolution is to just let go. Let go of the past 3.5 years, let go of the anger, sadness, and bitterness of how unfair things can be. I am going to enjoy every day with my husband in our peaceful home with our painfully adorable dog.

I am going to go back to living a healthy lifestyle – cut out the crappy food and the crappy mood. I am going to stop comforting myself with food and alcohol.

I am going to stop ruminating. I truly believe that everything happens for a reason. The decisions that I have made, or have not made, are up to me and whatever happens with those choices was meant to happen. I am going to stop overanalyzing everything, get out of my head, and go “all in” with whatever I decide.

I am going to be present. I am going to try my best to live in the moment. To not only allow myself to feel things, but to experience things. Time is fleeting, and I don’t want to look back over these years and wonder what I did, or wished I would have done more.

And, yes, I may even floss once or twice a week this year. But I am not making any promises!


So here’s to a healthy and happy 2015! Cheers!

What are your resolutions for 2015?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts