You are Suffering from What?!

Bite This: According to National Eating Disorders.org, a half million teens struggle with eating disorders. How many of them struggle from orthorexia nervosa is unknown, apparently.

You have probably heard of anorexia nervosa as an eating disorder, but have you heard of orthorexia nervosa? Orthorexia nervosa (translated literally means "fixation with righteous eating") is an obsession with healthy eating. Who knew it'd be wrong to be obsessed with healthy eating?
The National Eating Disorders (NEDA) makes this sound so dramatic and wrong. You can read about it here. (which is not the NEDA site).

Do you know anyone like this? 

I would totally be suffering from orthorexia except for the candy and sweets that I eat daily. And those baked cheetos that I had earlier. And maybe the chips and dip that I am about to dominate tonight. And the chocolate chip pancakes that I ate for breakfast. But besides that, I am pretty much an orthorexic. 

Comments

Popular Posts