I'm One of Those People

Bite This: Remember when I said 81% of bloggers randomly blog about nothing or at least nothing pertaining to the purpose of their blog? This is one such post. 

Think about a time when you went for a bowl of your favorite cereal, or a pint of your favorite ice cream only to find that all of the "good stuff" is gone. Has this happened to you?
Maybe you know someone who is a "picker." I am one of those people. This irritates my husband without fail, yet I just cannot help myself. I am not sure where or when I developed this habit, but it's there and it's a hard habit to break. 
For example:
I buy Raisin Bran specifically because it's a cereal in which I will not eat 1/2 the box in one day. However, I do pick out and eat almost all of the raisins. So when GMOE pours himself a bowl, he's left with only bran. 

I bake chocolate chip cookies and then GMOE goes to eat one an hour later and all of the chocolate chips are taken out of at least 2/3 of the cookies. 

I buy trail mix and all that's left at the end are the peanuts. The first gone is the dried berries. 

Any ice cream we buy (which is VERY rare that we ever buy any) that has chunks like cookie dough, or brownie bits, I pick out each and every chunk and leave the ice cream. 

Another cereal one: Any cereal with chunks of granola, I pick out all of the big chunks and leave the crumbs. 

I do this quite frequently and have done it without even thinking about it for as long as I can remember. In fact I still do this at my parent's too. Sometimes in the evening, I find myself just standing at my pantry with a box of cereal open (but still in the pantry) picking out all of the "good stuff" for about 10 minutes and then I think, "Oh, I've probably had enough." It's kind of like a game to me - "Find the Good Stuff!"
Now that I think about it, maybe this isn't such a bad thing. If I can apply this to food, can't I apply this to life? With any bad, there's always a "good" that I can pick out. 
For example: 
On my way to work the other day the roads were slick with snow and the sky was gray, but there was a tiny rainbow. So I thought, "this will be a good day" because of that rainbow - picking out the good. 

So, perhaps this "picker" person irritates you. But perhaps, she is just looking at the "bright side" of things and just enjoying the good stuff amidst the bad.  
Right? That makes sense. 

Sound Bite: Just checking to see if you are reading this. If so, comment with whatever is your favorite thing to "pick." 

Mine would clearly be any cereal with "good stuff." The charms in "Lucky Charms", the bunches in "Honey Bunches of Oats", the chocolate pieces in "Special K Chocolatey Delight," the berries in "Captain Crunch Berries" and anything of "blank with blank" - always the second "blank."

source



Comments

  1. Just checked. Raisins are still in my cinnamon raisin bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The honey flavored frozen yogurt...its like a seek and destroy mission to find all the honey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts