It's Raining Men!


I haven't written in a while because I have been busy creating two tiny humans! Finally!

I have thought about writing this post for so long and now that I am able to finally do so, I cannot form the words that do it justice.  I am beyond grateful every day for the fact that becoming a mother is more of a reality than fantasy these days. GMOE and I have been through many challenges over the past 4 years in our quest to become parents, and the persistence and perseverance finally paid off. It was worth the wait.
There have been many odds against us, but all of that just led us to where we are now, and the odds that really mattered were in our favor. Not to mention the fact that there is only a 25% chance that the twins would be the same sex and they are!
The body truly is fascinating and the fact that mine is creating two more tiny humans is incredible. I have just been in awe over the experience that I have had up to this point. From the science of forming embryos outside of the body, putting them back into the body, and watching them grow to the external signs and symptoms that something is happening within the body seems supernatural. And the anxiety and stress that accompany minor complications are quickly washed away with the sound of two little heartbeats.
In the beginning I was caught somewhere in a world between infertility and pregnancy and it was difficult for me to accept that it actually worked and the babies are here to stay. I continue to be cautiously optimistic that our little guys will be completely healthy and the pregnancy will go on without a hitch.
I am sure I will write more about this as the weeks continue, but everything is incredibly surreal right now and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.

So for now, I leave you with this:
"It's raining (little) men at the Bennett's!" Due November 2015.


Comments

Popular Posts