Super Bowl Snacking

As we sit here and reflect on the Super Bowl that no one cares about that is about to happen, lets also reflect on precluding of the junk fooding. (ha!)

You know that a majority of people consume just as many calories during the Super Bowl that they do at Thanksgiving? That's an extra, EXTRA, 2,500 or some odd calories. That's more than 1/2 pound - in one evening.
Now I may be making this all up, but I doubt it. Judging by the amount of wine I have ingested already before the game has begun, I must be up at least 500 calories by now. And I made this super amazing appetizer concoction of caramelized onion, goat cheese, olive oil and pizza dough which will add at least 300 calories.
Anyway, I know that I have written about this before -I cannot find the post, but I am SURE that I have- and I don't want to ruin anyone's party, (or after party when you'll actually read this), but just keep it in check. Maybe instead of that chip in that dip, reach for the celery that no one else has touched.
As for me, I am sticking to vegetables the rest of the night. And I am off to play Wii bowling for some extra exercise pre-Super Bowl.

Next time the post will be less demoralizing and more encouraging.

What super healthy snack did you eat/make for the game tonight?





Comments

Popular Posts