A Day Just for Me!

And I suppose  today is also for thousands of other registered dietitians....

It's National Nutrition Month® and today is Registered Dietitian Day! So, naturally, after being absent for  a few weeks, I have to post something today. The theme for this year's National Nutrition Month® is "Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day." Not to be confused with Burger King's slogan, "have it your way," this theme encourages personalized healthy eating styles. Everyone has different preferences, cultural traditions, health issues and lifestyles, so the theme focuses on a healthy eating plan that works for you. And who can help you with planning that? Oh, just an amazing dietitian!

Do you have any registered dietitians in your life who you would like to recognize?

Basically registered dietitians are the bomb because they have more education and training than "nutritionists." In fact, the term "nutritionist" is used so loosely that my 3 year old nephew could call himself a nutritionist for knowing that fruit is healthier for him than m&m's.  I was going to insert another metaphor in there, but then I remembered who may be reading this...

What did I do to celebrate this day? I went to work, followed by the DMV and then ate chocolate - dark chocolate made with 85% cocoa of course.

How did you celebrate registered dietitian day?






Comments

  1. Who did you think might be reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You are the one reading! And yes, I have one square left which is approximately 60 calories. I might eat it though...TOD (time of demolition) 30-45 minutes. It compliments the wine I am drinking.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts