Smiling's my Favorite - Episode 1.

First things first - smiling's my favorite.

Second of all, to go along with my last post about mental health, even during the rough times, it helps to think about little things that make you feel grateful, things that make you smile and feel present.  I'd love to hear your list!
This helps me be less like a grumpy old woman. I made a list similar to this in a previous post. So here goes!

1. Snow. Yep, love it. If it's going to be this cold outside, it might as well snow.

2. Avocado and egg sandwiches. Delicious. Smash an avocado on toast, fry an egg in non-fat cooking spray and add to toast. This has been my breakfast every day for the past 2 months. Sometimes without the toast and sometimes with cooked spinach. Works well with hard boiled eggs too.

3. Sunday morning cuddles with Leia. Every Sunday, and only on Sundays, after I finish breakfast but am still sitting at the kitchen table, my little Princess will jump up on my lap, make herself comfortable, and fall asleep. It's adorable.

4. Saturday night dance parties. My husband may or may not appreciate me spewing the details, but sometimes (most times) on Friday and/or Saturday nights, he cranks up 80's dance party songs and we dance around the kitchen. Alcohol is not always involved.

5. Tulips. They make me smile. We have a few in our front yard and they were already starting to come up again because of the schizophrenic weather. Two years ago we had snow in May so I got to see two of the things on this list that make me smile...together.

6. Frosted animal cookies. But only the Keebler kind. My husband has been buying these every time he goes to the grocery store. They have become an addiction they're so good.

There are many more things that make me smile, but I'll save that for episode 2 or 3 or 4.

Feel free to add your list!

Comments

Popular Posts